How To Resolve Webroot Antivirus Error Code 1168
Antivirus software has designed and programmed to protect our devices from thousands of different viruses, malware, trojans, bugs, phishing, hacking, and mostly all the online and offline viruses. But in today’s world, hackers are also getting smarter day by day, and making new programs to steal our privacy, data, and information, so it is very important or keeps the security software updated and working all the time.
In case, if you face any error soon contact Webroot Support Number and get you to issue fixes with a very minimal time duration. The customer support team is working 24×7 at your support and service all day and night.
The error code 1168 occurs because of corrupted or incomplete installation of your security software or due to corrupted Windows registry. Sometimes the error code 1168 can also cause because of damaged or corrupted Windows files or mistakenly deleted any Webroot software files or folders. It is important to fix those errors to remove the error message for your security application.
Steps To Resolve Webroot Error 1168:
To fix the error code 1168 from your security software, please follow the below-given steps one by one, after each step check for the error message, only move to the next step if the error persists.
Step 1 Clean the system junk files.
- Open the Run Program from the All Programs and then navigate Accessories.
- Type Temp in the search field bar and press the Enter button.
- Now, select and delete all the temporary files and folders from the temp folder.
- If the error message persists, follow the next step
Step 2 Repair the corrupted registry entries
- Type command in Search programs and files and press the enter button.
- Press and hold the Ctrl+Shift and press enter and click yes on the permission dialog box
- In Cmd type, Regedit and press enter. The registry editor will open.
- Select webroot from the list to create a backup.
- Now, export and save the backup key.
- Rename the file and select the branch and save it with a .reg file extension.
Now, check that the error message persists or not. If yes, follow the next step
Method 3 Reinstall the application.
- Go to Control Panel by clicking on the start menu and click on programs and features.
- Now, select the security software that you want to remove from the list. Then, right-click on it.
- After right-click, select the Uninstall button.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, download a new application from the official support website of the webroot.
- Save the file to the desktop and run the file.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reinstallation.
- On the registration window, enter your 20 digits alphanumeric keycode and register to complete the registration process.
Does the error code still persist after following the above steps? Contact Webroot Support Phone Number. The customer support executive team provides round the clock service, so as you encounter any issue, soon contact us. Our toll-free Antivirus Support Number is + (1)-888-846-5560. You can also contact us via email support or use the live chat option for instant and hassle-free service.